Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love it....

I have been wanting to post for awhile now about my new book club. Some of my sister in laws and my sister and some friends have started a book club. We are reading a book a month and then discussing it. The first book we just finished was "Three Cups of Tea" By Greg Mortenson. It is about a man who was a climber in Pakistan and ended up building schools for children(especially girls), in small villages there. I really enjoyed it. For this next month the book I chose was The Invisible Wall By Harry Bernstein. I am really excited for this book and have heard good things. The one thing I wanted to share on here was http://goodreads.com. Many of my friends and I are on good reads. For those facebook/myspace haters you may like Good Reads. It is basically a social networking site with the sole purpose to discuss books you have read or are currently reading. You can also look at tons of reviews for books you are thinking about reading. I know many of you are big book lovers and thought you may want to check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate Wendt said...

Good link that I will be checking out. I am always looking for good books to read; currently reading "The Golden Compass" just for fun. Kind of interesting that on that goodreads site the Book of Mormon is ranked 5th best book ever but the Bible is not mentioned. Maybe it was the Fiction list ;)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

How fun, Ash!! I would love to have a book club here...maybe I should start one! :0) Miss you tons!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Family of 5 said...

I just finished a book about an Indian man born and raised in America but struggling with his identity, cultures and relationships with females while growing up. Decent book but more about relationship conflict with family and love. Some might be bored, anyways I am searching for the next good read, I like a little challenge and might hit up Atlas Shrugged. Let me know how your next book goes!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home