Saturday, April 19, 2008

Iowa

The last day in Denver we heard the sad news that my grandfather passed away in his sleep in Iowa. My parents and I flew out from Salt Lake the following day to Iowa to be with my dad's family. On the way there we had a layover in Minneapolis and I was very excited to get a Caribou Coffee, it had been way too long. It was great to see my cousins and spend time with my grandma during this difficult time. It was also great to see Natalie, because she flew out as well. My cousins Paul, Josh, Mat, me and Natalie after the Memorial Service. Although it was an emotional week it really went well.
Thank you so much for all the cards and flowers and support. While we were in Iowa my grandma received over 400 cards at the house on top of many others bringing over food. Although my grandfather would have loved to turn 90 (one month away), it was good to know he had such a long life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home