Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Well hello everyone, sorry I haven't updated in awhile I worked all weekend. Last week we went to a performance put on by the law school . Every year a group of students put together a musical . It was really funny. It was based off of West Side story and was called West Bank story(the law school is on the west bank of the Mississippi). It basically was hilarious and made fun of the whole law school expreience.

On Friday the manager of the store approached me and said that I would be receiving a phone call. It was from a store who needed a Department Manager(I am currenlty a 1st Assistant). He said the manager of their store was going to call me and see if I was interested in interviewing for the position. Before I even got a chance to think about it I got called. So of course I told the man I was interested and we set up an interview for Monday(yesterday). The store is much larger than the one I currently work at and would be a big step up for me. I was so nervous for the interview, but it went really well. I feel good that if they don't choose me it is just because they wouldn't think of me as the right thing they are looking for. So I feel good about it either way. It is hard because I really like where I am right now but this would be a big chance for me and a let's just say a very, very substantial raise. I will find out if they want me by Friday and then I would start as early as next week. Soooo ahh we'll see, either way it was an honor that they even thought of me for the position even though I haven't been a first assistant for very long.

Well today is my day off so I am just relaxing and trying to recover from the long weekend. Love you, give me a call!

6 Comments:

Blogger melissa o said...

WOW. That is so cool Ash. It would seem that you have really proven yourself to be a good manager.

I love you and miss you and I got your letter yesterday and it made my day!

2:54 PM  
Blogger The Hulburt's said...

HEY
WOW!

3:46 PM  
Blogger The Hulburt's said...

I wasn't done writing .... where is the new store compared to the one your at now? do you have to drive farther?? I will keep you in my prayers! :)
we got some rain here yesterday! really windy today! talk to you later
love kelly

3:48 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I hope you're enjoying your day off, and I can't wait to hear if you get the job!
I know you wish we could switch places right now, we're talking about blood pressure monitoring and organ transplantation... :)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

HOORAY! THat is so awesome! I'm so pysched for yoU! I can't wait to hear what happens! And thank you for my letter and magnetta- I got it yesterday! HOORAY!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity. I look forward to hearing the news. Good luck!!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home